In essence, MRC strive to provide:
- Clear, accessible and understandable information to potential migrants on possibilities for orderly migration, as well as rules and regulations, including relevant pre-departure information;
- Pre-departure orientation and information on work and living conditions abroad and their rights and obligations to outgoing migrants;
- Awareness raising of and providing clear information to potential migrants on the risks and dangers associated with irregular migration.
- Post-arrival assistance to foreign workers coming to Iraq, providing them with information on their right and obligations in the country.
MRC do not only focus on the general public/future migrants but also other, institutionalised stakeholders (governmental and non-governmental), who are directly or indirectly involved in the facilitation or communication of migration related issues. Thus, MRC conduct several information sessions at vocational and technical training schools, universities, colleges and schools as well as with the communities.
Our counsellors continuously research and collect updated information on regular migration pathways for Iraq. We can support you with the following information and activities:
- Customised and country specific pre-departure trainings upon request
- Career counselling and information on scholarship opportunities
- Providing counselling and psycho social support, behavioural adaptability and communication skills to the intending, outgoing and returning migrants
- Awareness raising on safe and regular migration and travel abroad
- Information sessions at schools and universities
- Provision of updated migration information on Facebook, the MRC website and Youtube
- Supporting return and reintegration of the migrants by linking with relevant departments/ organisations
- Support incoming foreign labourers with information on local procedures and protection mechanisms.